We use or own third-party cookies (“Cookies”) in connection with your use of the Sites and Services. We also work with third parties to help better serve you, and may use our own or their pixels, web beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5, advertising identifiers (including mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) software development kits (SDKs) and similar technologies (“Other Web Technologies”) into our: (a) (i) websites, portals, applications (including mobile applications), channels, software, and widgets (including as embedded on sites owned by third parties), and (ii) social media pages and channels (collectively, the “Sites”); and (b) any services, features, media, functions, content, tools, and links contained in or offered via the Sites (collectively, the “Services”), including when they serve you content on our Sites. We also use third parties, like Google Analytics, to help us process this information.
Cookies collect and transmit information about you, such as your use of the Sites or Services; your browser type, search preferences, IP address; and the date and time of your use. Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in e-mails we send to you, and on our web pages.
2. Types and Purpose of Cookies We Use
We use both session-based and persistent Cookies. Session-based Cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. Persistent Cookies remain on your computer or device after you close your browser or turn off your computer.
We use the following different categories of Cookies:
- Operationally Necessary. We use these Cookies for the proper operation of our Sites, Services, and relevant essential applications, features, and tools, including, if applicable, our Apps. This includes technologies (i) that allow you to access our Sites and Services, applications, and tools, (ii) that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security, or (iii) that allow you to use our other ancillary functions such as shopping carts, saved searches, or similar features. If you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee that the Sites or Services will function.
- Performance Related. Performance-related Cookies collect information related to your use of the Site or Services, such as web page analytics or error reports. We use these Cookies to assess the performance of our Sites, Services, and relevant applications, features, and tools, and to help us understand how people use them. For example, we use Google Analytics and other enterprise-grade platforms to help in this effort.
- Functionality Related. Functionality-related cookies offer you enhanced functionality and personalization when accessing or using our Sites, Services, and relevant applications, features, and tools. This may include technologies (i) that identify you when you sign into our Sites or Services, (ii) that keep track of your specific preferences, interests, or past items viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our Sites or Services, (iii) that determine if you have interacted with our messaging and notifications, or (iv) that improve upon or create new site content, applications, products, services, features, or tools.
- Advertising or Targeting Related. Marketing cookies help us to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third-party sites. This involves using technologies to understand data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on. This helps us determine the usefulness of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you.
We also work with third parties to help better serve you, and these companies use their own cookies when they serve you content on our site.
3. Managing Cookies
It may be possible to delete, block, or disable Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so can affect the functionality of the Sites and Services and may prevent you from accessing certain features. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. Please note that disabling a Cookie or Other Web Technology or category of cookies does not delete the cookies from your browser unless manually completed through your browser function. Similarly, your device may provide you with choices about Cookies and Other Web Technologies via your device settings.
With respect to Cookies or Other Web Technologies used by third parties, we do not necessarily have access to or control over the Cookies or Other Web Technologies third parties’ use. Some third parties may permit you to opt out of their Cookies or Other Web Technologies directly
4. “Do-Not-Track” Requests